Born on December 13, 1992, in Thessaloniki, Greece. The eldest of three brothers. I hold a BSc in Computer Science (2014, Highest Honors) and a MA in 3D Computer Animation (2017, Distinction). From 2014 to 2016 I fulfilled my military duty as 2nd Lieutenant Reserve.
I have always been in a love triangle with Drawing & Programming. Due to the first I have been a cartoonist, sketch artist, illustrator and painter since before I can remember. Regarding the second, well, there is no programming without a true drive for mathematics and algorithmics. If I had to choose, I’d say I’m more of a Data Scientist (analyzing, processing and doing useful things with information is my thing) but I enjoy app dev, web dev, system & other programming as well. The two were merged together recently, so I began employing my tech skills for self-expression and became an Animator and Computer Graphics Generalist.
For me, none of the above are mutually exclusive. I don’t exactly know how to combine all of them as a profession, but ultimately, I want to promote great ideas through animation and utilize science & technology during the process. Hence, my broader scope lies in entertainment and education.
My interests span the fields of Animation (both 2D and 3D), Sketching, Caricatures, Comics, Illustration, 3D Printing, CAD, Programming, e-Learning, Android & Web Development, Graphics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Signal Processing, Mathematics, Economics, Philosophy, Music Composition & Production.
▪ Knowledge of various programming, scripting and markup languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Matlab, SQL, Visual Basic, Scheme, Prolog, HTML, CSS, XML, Java script, LaTeX, GhostScript
▪ Experienced with Animation and Design software: Maya, Inventor, Zbrush, Mari, Nuke, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash
▪ Familiar with other audiovisual production software: Inkscape, Gimp, ToonBoom, Blender, Synfig, Audacity, LMMS, FLStudio
▪ IDEs used: Code::Blocks, Eclipse, MS Visual Studio, NetBeans
▪ Extensive work with libraries: OpenCV, OpenGL
▪ Created various websites using: WordPress, Moodle, Expression Web, Dreamweaver, Joomla, Drupal
▪ Developed android apps with Android SDK in Eclipse
▪ Implemented basic sketches with the Arduino micro controller
▪ System and network administration (During military service worked on): Windows Server 2000/2012, active directory, dns, file server, exchange server, key logging, monitoring, virtualization technologies (vSphere ESXi), backups, recovery plans, server portability
▪ Operating systems: Windows, Linux (Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, SUSE, Debian)
▪ Microsoft Office, Open Office
Football, judo, comics, chess, music composition, piano performance
For more details you can check out my extended CV (pdf)